Trochu Town Office is open to the public again as of June 2nd, 2020.
Sanitizer and cleaning supplies will be on hand, and we ask anyone coming in to the office to observe proper social distancing. Anyone experiencing cough, fever or sore throat, and anyone that may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus are asked to postpone their business at the Town Office and/or to call or email if possible.
We thank you for your patience, please watch here for more updates.
For more information on COVID-19, and for daily updates on the situation, please visit: alberta.ca/COVID19
Pursuant to Section 311 of the Municipal Government Act 2000, R.S.A., Chapter M-26 and any amendments thereto, the 2020 combined Assessment and Tax Notices for the Town of Trochu were mailed June 1st, 2020, to all assessed property owners. Town of Trochu property owners are deemed to have received their Assessment and Tax Notices as of June 9th, 2020.
Please review the property assessment notice carefully. You may contact the Town at 403-442-3085 or Wild Rose Assessment Services at 403-343-3357 to obtain further information on your property. The assessment roll is open year-round for information on comparable properties. This information can be viewed at the Town Office, 222 Northfield Road.
If you are a TIPP participant and require updated payment amounts please contact Town Office at 403-442-3085
Three hills victim services like to thank the following supporters for their ongoing contribution during these difficult global times.
The following organizations make it possible for Victim Services to continue supporting Victims of crime and trauma in our area.
Supporters are: TD Bank, Byrne’s Electric, White and Company Professional Accountants, Town of Three Hills, Petersen Auto Body, GasPro Compression Corp, United Nurses of Alberta, Cargill, Kneehill Soil Services, Synergy Message Therapy.
Three Hills Victim Services is having their AGM on June 24, starting at 7 PM, at the Delburne Community Hall.
We are now taking phone reservations for the Trochu Municipal Campground!
Sites are $30/night with power, water, and sewer available.
- Weekdays, call the Office at 403-442-3085
- Weekends are on the honour system, envelopes are available in the Registration Booth
Please be aware that approximately half the sites are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions and the public washrooms are not available. Further guidelines will be posted on the grounds or discussed at the time of reservation.
All users MUST:
• Take caution around common touch points; follow all recommended precautions and proper hand hygiene guidelines as outlined by Alberta Health.
• Continue to respect all the guidelines outlined by Alberta Health.
• Maintain physical distancing of at least 2m.
• Ensure no more than 15 people are gathered in the same location
The Trochu Arboretum is open to the public as of May 15th, 2020, but please note the following COVID-19 Protocols:
- NO PUBLIC WASHROOMS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
- Please do not enter the arboretum if you are feeling ill or exhibiting COVID-19 or other cold and flu-like symptoms.
- Follow guidelines for good hygiene before and after visiting, for public use there is a hand sanitizing station located to the west side of the Visitor Interpretive Center.
- Please practice safe distancing – This may require one party to step off the pathway or to wait while someone leaves or enters an area.
- Due to the large number of benches in the Arboretum use is at your own risk.
Thank you from the Town of Trochu and the Arboretum and District Society
We have had to cancel TIDY UP TROCHU due to COVID-19 regulations but have come up with some alternatives and are asking Trochu residents for help.
For the month of May, the Town Office and the White Public Works Shop on Arena Ave will be setting out garbage bags and displaying a map with all the green spaces (including areas previously covered by Tro-Val students) and if you and your family would like to get outside and help, here’s how;
- pick up a bag
- choose a space
- give us a call and we will mark off your chosen area
- grab some gloves and enjoy some fresh air
- leave the bag(s) out on Wednesday with your household garbage or beside one of the town receptacles along the paths
- please call if you encounter anything you are unable to bag
Also, for anyone that has no way to transport their spring yard refuse or other items to the transfer site, we will have a one day pick up on Monday, May 25. Please have it piled at the back of your property and call us with your address.
Seniors Outreach is offering a great program to help in these times. Frozen Meals on Wheels. There is a huge menu and the prices are reasonable. Please call 403-443-2555 for more details.