If you are a local business that would like to have a posting placed in this website please e-mail your posting to firstname.lastname@example.org
Town of Trochu Employment Opportunity
Facilities / Parks Manager
Under the general direction of the Director of Operations and CAO, the Facilities and Parks Manager will be responsible for the operation and development of Town owned facilities. These include (but are not limited to) the arena, pool, their associated buildings and grounds, and town green areas.
This is a supervisory, working position and may involve all the same tasks required of a Public Works Position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily operating, maintenance and cleaning of the Arena, Pool and their related structures.
- Managing the usage schedules of recreation facilities.
- Maintaining other Town owned facilities, including the Arboretum, Cemetery, Library, Office and Shops.
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC maintenance as required
- Taking responsibility for specific tasks, duties and functions within the facilities and parks department.
- Keeping accurate records and preparing required reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Working evenings and weekends during the ice season and assuming on-call duties.
- Coordinating and assisting in the supervision of other Town of Trochu Employees as required.
- Mowing and landscaping of parks and recreation facilities, green spaces and playing fields.
- Pruning and downing of trees.
- Snow/ice removal, sand and salt facility parking lots and sidewalks
- Operating heavy equipment and a variety of hand tools
- Assisting with minor repairs (equipment, public works, water & sewer repairs etc.)
- Working with Community Groups on assigned projects.
- Meeting & dealing with the public and handling routine inquiries.
- Completing special assignments as directed by Director of Operations and/or CAO
- A minimum of Grade 12 education or GED
- Valid class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s License
- Knowledge in the operation and maintenance of recreation buildings and equipment
- A general knowledge of human resource management and leadership
- Physically fit with the ability to lift the equivalent of 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow direction, establish priorities and organize work
- Ability to establish and maintain a high degree of public confidence and public relations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed for quality customer service and representing the interests of the municipality
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating skills are critical to position
- Level 1 Arena Operations License
- Level 1 Swimming Pool Operations License
- Pesticide Spraying Certificate
- Airbrake Endorsement Certificate
Arena and Pool Certification is required. A combination of experience and willingness to take requisite training will be considered for the right candidate.
The Town of Trochu offers a competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefit package. Qualified applicants can submit their resume to:
Town of Trochu
Box 340, Trochu, AB T0M 2C0