If you are a local business that would like to have a posting placed in this website please e-mail your posting to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Currently Two Opportunities Posted Below – Town of Trochu & Victim Services – Scroll to see more details
Town of Trochu Equipment Operator/Labourer
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
STATUS: Temporary Full Time (Potential to develop into Permanent Full Time)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
REGULAR HOURS: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
Please submit a resume to the attention of Dave Nelson via:
Drop Off: 222 Northfield Rd.
There are two primary functions of this position. The first function is to assist in the operation and maintenance of the Town’s equipment under the direction of the Director of Operations. The second function is the assistance with public works operations. Employees will receive daily instruction or may be given responsibility over specific tasks or projects.
- Will be proficient in the operation of the following pieces of equipment: backhoe, skid steer and dump truck.
- Complete semi-skilled landscaping.
- Use various hand tools, work on roads, sidewalks and drainage projects.
- Helps build and repair fences, buildings, signs and other structures.
- Works on tree maintenance trimming and removal.
- Required to work solo on a variety of designated projects.
- Required to work with a small crew of employees on designated projects
- May be required on occasion to assist with the operation and maintenance within the recreation and/or water management departments.
- Required to take a regular shift in the “stand-by” rotation.
- Assist in record keeping as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS:
- Experience operating a backhoe, skid steer and dump truck
- At least one year of experience in municipal or other construction on the maintenance of streets, lanes, sidewalks and storm drainage.
- Ability to use standard hand tools and an ability to understand oral and written instructions from the supervisor.
- Ability to perform rough carpentry, painting, and general maintenance work.
- Some mechanical ability required to maintain equipment operated.
- Must have a valid Class V Driver’s License.
- Must either have a valid Class III Driver’s License (with Q endorsement) or the desire to obtain one.
- Must provide a Drives Abstract & Criminal Record Check.
- A minimum Grade 12 education.
- Physically fit with the ability to withstand normal physical working conditions.
- Ability to follow direction both verbally and written.
- Ability to effectively represent the interests of the municipality.
Three Hills Victims Services Assistant Program Manager
Three Hills Victim Services is looking for a mature individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills for this client focused position.
Part time – 8 hours a week with potential to have up to 20 hours a week
The Assistant Program Manager will report directly to the Program Manager and is responsible for providing support & information to victims of crime and trauma on a crisis or in office basis.
The Assistant PM will attend court, help with volunteer recruitment and volunteer training, as well as public awareness of the not for profit program.
- Ability to handle stressful circumstances
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Availability to work some evenings and to be on call for crisis support
- Able to work in a team environment in a small office setting
- Posses a valid Alberta Drivers Licence
- Team player with the ability to work on their own
- Must obtain RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance
For further information, please call Carolyn @ 403-443-9401.
Submit resumes and cover letter to: Chairperson Doug Lorraine @ Three Hills Victim Services,
P.O Box 520, Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will stay open until the position is filled.