Northwest Area Structure Plan

NOTICE is hereby given that the Council of the Town of Trochu has initiated the development of the Northwest Area Structure Plan for the following lands:

Lot 1, Block 1, Plan 0714670

Lot 2, Block 1, Plan 0714670

Please CLICK HERE for a detailed map of the proposed ASP (Draft only)

An Area Structure Plan (ASP) is a statutory document adopted by Bylaw by Town Council that proposes a sequence of development for an area. It includes future land uses, densities and general location of public utilities and transportation.

Written notice of the date and time of the Public Hearing will be circulated and additional information about the proposed Area Structure Plan preparation and process is forthcoming.

For more information, please contact:

Greg Sentis, P.L. (Eng), Engineering Licensee

Project Manager, MPE Engineering Ltd.



Development Permits

All new construction, renovation, and demolition within the Town of Trochu require an Approved Development Permit as well as all other permits as required by Palliser Regional Municipal Services.  All Development Permit Applications that do not comply with permitted uses for the property as laid out by the Town of Trochu Land Use Bylaw must be brought to the Town of Trochu Municipal Planning Commission.  All discretionary uses approved by the Municipal Planning Commission must await an appeal period during which time the public may appeal the decision made by the Municipal Planning Commission at a Public Hearing, after which the Municipal Planning Commission may revoke the approval.  The Permit Applicant may appeal the decision made by the Municipal Planning Commission as laid out in the Town of Trochu Land Use Bylaw.  An approved Town of Trochu Development Permit is required before all other permits may be approved.

Permit Application Forms

Development Permit Application Form

Building Permit Application, Electrical Permit Application, Gas/Plumbing Permit Application, Private Sewage Disposal Unit Permit Application, and Superior Safety Codes Permit Information Package (Please note this package includes Building, Electrical, Gas/Plumbing, and Private Sewage Disposal Unit Permit Applications) available at

Please be advised that the Town of Trochu does not guarantee the fees attached to the the Permit Applications. Please contact Palliser Regional Municipal Services for verification on permit application fees.

Land Use Bylaw #2015-09

Rates & Fees Bylaw #2018-01

Locate Requests

Before beginning any development projects that require disturbing the ground, please click the picture below to contact Alberta One Call and request that the buried utilities on your property be located and marked. This should be done at least two full working days before you plan to dig. You can also submit your request over the phone at 1.800.242.3447.